Friday, February 5, 2010

Shirt Dress

So here's another project. I saw this free tutorial here. And thought I would give it a try. She turns an old men's shirt into a cute little dress. My dress didn't turn out anywhere near as cute as hers but what can you do?
Here's the before shot:
And here are a few shots of Megan modeling her new dress:


The sleeves are a little goofy. There was elastic around her arms but she didn't like it so I just took it out and left the sleeves open. It's fun for just playing around the house. I'm going to try another one with a dark green shirt, we'll see how it turns out :)

6 comments:

RyanSarahN said...

I think that's way cute Rachel! I've been wanting to try that one too. Good job.

Rebecca said...

Who is teaching her her posing techniques? I love the floor shot! And the pink toenails! I'm not sure about the dress tho-it's hard to tell in pic's I need to see it in person-and I will soon!

Rachel said...

Way to go! I usually have my mom or grandma do most of the sewing work for me when they visit so that's awesome that you were brave enough to try it yourself!

Stefanie Sayre said...

look at you being so crafty...it turned out cute. hey we need to do another game night, maybe try a new game! cory works nights mon. thru wed. so later this week we should do something.. that is if you don't have your baby yet!

Skye said...

That is so cute and creative! Awesome job!

amy said...

I think you did a great job! :) and what a great idea! CUUUUTE little family you've got, beautiful people, congratulations on the new addition!